Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Platinum Select Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Platinum Select Question

Good Morning

Is the Citi Platinum Select a sub prime card?  How is CitiBank with CLIs and will that make a hard inq when a CLI is requested?

W
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Platinum Select Question

I believe it is a prime card, not sub-prime. For myself, they have been pretty good with CLI, but they do ahard pull when you request a CLI.

Message Edited by bijoupele on 07-11-2007 07:02 AM
Message 2 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

It is prime.. However, I recommend applyinf for the Premier Pass card and then converting to the Plat Sel.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why? Although I already have the card I am curious.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the dividends card and when I click on the credit increase button sometimes it tells me I am preappoved and gives me a choice to accept  or decline.  That does not give me a hard inquiry.  I think it gives a hard inquiry if the preapproved message does not pop up and you request anyway.  As I got more history and my neg. items got older, then cli became more frequent (every few months) and larger.   I sometimes received cli automatically, but that was back in 2000.  Starting in 2002 I just hit the cli button on the website and accepted all the preapproved offers. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.