Frequent Contributor
WBLAKE

Citi Platinum Select Question

Good Morning

Is the Citi Platinum Select a sub prime card?  How is CitiBank with CLIs and will that make a hard inq when a CLI is requested?

W
TU 670
EQ 670
EX 617
JFCU $5,000
JFCU AUto Loan $11,000
Jet Blue Amex $2,000
BOA 3,500
Best Buy Store Card $2,200
Kay Jewlers $3,200
bijoupele

Re: Citi Platinum Select Question

[ Edited ]
I believe it is a prime card, not sub-prime. For myself, they have been pretty good with CLI, but they do ahard pull when you request a CLI.

Message Edited by bijoupele on 07-11-2007 07:02 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

It is prime.. However, I recommend applyinf for the Premier Pass card and then converting to the Plat Sel.
Frequent Contributor
db23

Why? Although I already have the card I am curious.
Established Member
ficoachiever

I have the dividends card and when I click on the credit increase button sometimes it tells me I am preappoved and gives me a choice to accept  or decline.  That does not give me a hard inquiry.  I think it gives a hard inquiry if the preapproved message does not pop up and you request anyway.  As I got more history and my neg. items got older, then cli became more frequent (every few months) and larger.   I sometimes received cli automatically, but that was back in 2000.  Starting in 2002 I just hit the cli button on the website and accepted all the preapproved offers. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}