Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi is full of crap. Not reporting

tag
nupey10
Regular Contributor

Citi is full of crap. Not reporting

Smh... I have a citi pref tk you card.  Citi has reported to CBs every month for the last 3 yrs 4 days after statement cut.  In those 3 yrs I've never had a $0 balance.... until now.  I paid them down to zero before the due date and made sure to keep them at $0 at the statement cut date.... It has now been 12 days and still not reporting to the CBs!

Paid AMEX down to $0 as well and it only took them their usual 3 days to report my balance..... if citi hates me, the feeling is mutual!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi is full of crap. Not reporting

Lmaoo I know your being serious but this post got me rolling 😂😂😂 

Hopefully Citi reports soon for you Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
redpat
Senior Contributor

Does it really matter?  What's the point?

It's Friday and plus it's St Patty's day, enjoy it and don't sweat the small stuff.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 3 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Easy solution for you is to call them and request it.

At least that way they will give you an idea of WHEN EXACTLY to expect the zero balance to report to the CRA's as expected.

Best of luck and just hang in there. It does get weird like this sometimes.

Message 4 of 8
nupey10
Regular Contributor

yeah.. well..... maybe you're right.  I'll calm down and have a few glasses of Jameson in honor of this day.

Message 5 of 8
nupey10
Regular Contributor

.... I hate when I have to apologize.....

No my $0 balance still has not reported.  Citi is telling me they did report to all CBs and I should call them as to why THEY havent updated their reports ( still believe this is hogwash)... but while I was on the phone with a mgr I ask if there was someone I could speak to about auto CLIs. ....  long story short she volunteered to look into whether I was eligible for a CLI and I was  Smiley Very Happy  got an increase from $500 to $1600 Smiley Very Happy

I seriously thought I was blacklisted from anything with them because I defaulted on 2 of their CCs about 6 yrs ago and was denied a CLI last year.  Calendar entry to request another one on 9/22.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nupey10 wrote:

.... I hate when I have to apologize.....

No my $0 balance still has not reported.  Citi is telling me they did report to all CBs and I should call them as to why THEY havent updated their reports ( still believe this is hogwash)... but while I was on the phone with a mgr I ask if there was someone I could speak to about auto CLIs. ....  long story short she volunteered to look into whether I was eligible for a CLI and I was  Smiley Very Happy  got an increase from $500 to $1600 Smiley Very Happy

I seriously thought I was blacklisted from anything with them because I defaulted on 2 of their CCs about 6 yrs ago and was denied a CLI last year.  Calendar entry to request another one on 9/22.

Hi nupey10,

First let me say that I also hate waiting on a credit line update to report. To me, it seems like forever.  Also there have been occasions where for example my mortgage was not being updated on my credit reports.  The only way I noticed it is that my mortgage scores actually began to decrease, and upon closer inspection it was because my mortgage payments were not being credited on my reports.  I talked with the mortgage company and they said that they were reporting to the 3 bureaus.  I then contacted the bureaus and they told me that they only report what the creditors report to them.  It took over a month to get my reports updated for my September, November, December, and January reports.   And now we are nearly in April and for me there have been no updates on either of my 3 credit reports since they were all updated previously.

Now switching gears, CONGRATULATIONS on your recent credit line increase!!

*Woohoo*

(-:

Message 7 of 8
nupey10
Regular Contributor

MAN THAT SUCKS!!!

My issue is minor compared to your mortgage company not reporting.

Would disputing help you any?

It may be a good thing Citi hasn't reported for me because I know its going to be a bump in my scores which is going to allow me to apply for another card .... or two next month...... and I probably should be gardening right now. Smiley Frustrated    

Congrats on your current scores!!  I'm hoping to crack the 750 barrier by years end.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.