cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citifinancial reporting wrong balance ...amount borrowed PLUS all of the interest

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citifinancial reporting wrong balance ...amount borrowed PLUS all of the interest

that I would pay on the loan IF I paid it exactly as the terms are written in the loan document.  I only borrowed $8500.00 they are reporting my balance as over $15,000.00! This is just WRONG!  I don't owe them this much as of today.  I called the girl that I signed the loan with she gave me a line of crap that it can't be changed and this is how they report.  I disputed it thru the credit bureaus and Citifinancial told them the balance was correct and they took thier word for it.  What can I do about this?  I don't owe them this much.  They can't report a balance I "might" owe.  Has anyone else ever had this problem?  PLEASE HELP!  This is affecting my score and my debt to income ratio.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citifinancial reporting wrong balance ...amount borrowed PLUS all of the interest

did the same thing to me. i was fortunate enough to refi through a cu.
Message 2 of 4
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citifinancial reporting wrong balance ...amount borrowed PLUS all of the interest

Refi with a Credit Union, that's like your best bet. You'll obviously have to pay the loan off, but it'll look better to have a balance that you're reducing.

CitiFinancial, do they happen to be going by American General Finance or some slimy name like that?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it's a CitiFinancial office in a small shopping center.  No other name used. 
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.