Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification from FICO regarding annualcredit report.com

tag
Slab
Frequent Contributor

Clarification from FICO regarding annualcredit report.com

I have been posting on these forums concerning my FICO Experian report versus my annualcredit report.com Experian and finally got clarification from FICO concerning the discrepencies between the two reports. FICO has stated that if there is a conflict between the two reports that the annualcreditreport.com report is the report that is up to date and reflects the actual items on my report. I'm not bad mouthing FICO but in my case, my FICO EXperian report is is way off. My FICO EQ and TU are spot on.

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Clarification from FICO regarding annualcredit report.com

Any 3rd party report is going to be formatted differently than those directly from the CRAs.  It has nothing to do with either myFICO or any of the other places you pull a report that isn't from the CRAs.  They are all going to have something different.

It isn't just EX either.  Other posters see discrepanices on TU and EQ also.  They are also advised to get the report from annualcreditreport.com or the CRAs.

I have a monitoring service that pulls all three and none of those are the same as from the CRA.

Message 2 of 5
Slab
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Any 3rd party report is going to be formatted differently than those directly from the CRAs.  It has nothing to do with either myFICO or any of the other places you pull a report that isn't from the CRAs.  They are all going to have something different.

It isn't just EX either.  Other posters see discrepanices on TU and EQ also.  They are also advised to get the report from annualcreditreport.com or the CRAs.

I have a monitoring service that pulls all three and none of those are the same as from the CRA.

I understand what you are saying however, in my case, all of the so-called FAKOs from the 4 different monitoring sites that I use for Experian, are more similar to my annualcreditreport.com than My FICO. When a person has 3 negatives on their FICO Experian and zero negatives on their annualcreditreport.com Experian a person such as myself looks for answers. It looks like there is a lot of condescension on these forums toward so-called FAKOs which is not always deserved. I am speaking in terms of reports rather than scores. Thanks for your response.

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Slab wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

I understand what you are saying however, in my case, all of the so-called FAKOs from the 4 different monitoring sites that I use for Experian, are more similar to my annualcreditreport.com than My FICO. When a person has 3 negatives on their FICO Experian and zero negatives on their annualcreditreport.com Experian a person such as myself looks for answers. It looks like there is a lot of condescension on these forums toward so-called FAKOs which is not always deserved. I am speaking in terms of reports rather than scores. Thanks for your response.

I was speaking of reports also.  When you talk about FAKOs you are talking about the score, not the report.

Message 4 of 5
Slab
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for clearing that up. I will be less judgemental when I see posters use that term.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.