Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clark Howard says

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Clark Howard says

CH is targetting the masses so it's mostly general advice. He's just saying once you have great credit, why don't you focus on that PMI you are paying...or that TV bill...or that phone bill. The man is cheap, if he was giving specific advice to someone mortgage hunting and they'd save a nickle by increasing their score by a few points he'd tell them to do it.

Message 21 of 25
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Personally,

Hitting 800 would represent years of hard work, solid payment habits, good income, and an almost rejection-proof score. I'm not really wired in a way to care about some LO's response unless it's going to save money. In my case; not being at the next level is a matter of utilization that can't be fully addressed until income drastically improves.

From a purely functional point of view, there's likely no difference between 760 and 800.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 25
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

MarineVietVet,

Slightly off topic from credit but if the Marines catered to the lowest common denominator, wouldn't the Corps be much larger rather than being "The Few, The Proud"? 

I'm not a military man myself (so, maybe I'm missing something) but it would seem from the outside looking in that Marine Corps is much more demanding in terms of prerequisites and then more demanding in terms of training than the other branches.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 23 of 25
namvet
Established Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

MarineVietVet,

Slightly off topic from credit but if the Marines catered to the lowest common denominator, wouldn't the Corps be much larger rather than being "The Few, The Proud"? 

I'm not a military man myself (so, maybe I'm missing something) but it would seem from the outside looking in that Marine Corps is much more demanding in terms of prerequisites and then more demanding in terms of training than the other branches.

I know this addressed to my brother Marine viet vet but i'll chime in for the Marines and say IMO your statement is dead on.  Semper Fi

Message 24 of 25
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@namvet wrote:

I know this addressed to my brother Marine viet vet but i'll chime in for the Marines and say IMO your statement is dead on.  Semper Fi

To you I offer my apologies. In this thread I've been guilty of the same thread jacking I scold other people for.  Smiley Happy

Sorry about that.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.