cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning hard inquires and sample letters resources please?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleaning hard inquires and sample letters resources please?

I need to get some hard inquires cleaned from my credit file as I am planning on applying for business credit in the 6 months and the lenders that i am considering consider 3 to be a lot. does anyone have any resources, goodwill sample letters, request for removal letters. What kind of letters do I send out? sometimes life happens, needed to go car shopping use personal credit for several reasons especially with businesses that use a lot of capital refinances all of the time. any business owners advice would help or advice from anyone else.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cleaning hard inquires and sample letters resources please?

From what I've learned here, hard inquiries are not easy to remove unless they are fraudulent in nature. 

This may be better answered by the now Lengendary RobertEG if he reads this post Smiley Happy  

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

For numerous legal reasons, and in particular the mandate under the FCRA that the CRAs must provide a record of those who have accessed a consumer's credit report, the CRAs are steadfast in their normal denial of any removal of inquiries from a consumer's credit file.

They consider them to be factual, "toothpaste out of the tube" disclosures that cannot be undone, and thus unless the inquiry lacked legitimate purpose, they will not remove.

The best approach to "remove" inquiries from affect on your score and pursuit of new credit is to attempt to get them recoded as soft, and not to pursue their deletion.

Message 3 of 5
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

How old are your inquries? They'll fall off after 2 years. I'm shocked 3 inquiries is believed to be too many...

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been a business owner since my early teens (incorporated) and there's two things to be aware of when it comes to business credit:

1. Don't assume they'll only check your main 3 bureau reports -- and don't attempt to try to twist around underwriting standards
  2. Don't be in a rush to acquire business credit, especially if they need to pull your personal credit or ask for a personal guarantee (PG).

A business with a good track record can build credit very easily, but it's a process and takes time to do it well and wisely.  Doing it properly means you won't need a personal guarantee or any inquiries on your personal reports.  The "business credit" section of this site has some pointers for getting started.

What are you applying for in 6 months?  Is a credit line the proper direction, maybe a lease would work better?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.