Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear to Close! Then....QC Audit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear to Close! Then....QC Audit

It was a great morning. LO called with the "clear to close" after being under contract 45 days. I had a week extension granted by seller. I was able to have a 3 hour period of anxiety relief, then I got a email from the LO stating that we had to delay closing by a few extra days because my file was selected for a QC Audit. I am curious what this really is and should I worry?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Re: Clear to Close! Then....QC Audit

QC Audit = Quality Control audit. It’s more about the people who have been helping you than you. They’re job is to check a percentage of loans to ensure proper paperwork and process has been followed. It’s another control around dotting I’s and crossing T’s. I would not worry.

Good luck!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So can I expect more conditions or something to come from this? My extension expires Thursday and that is now my scheduled day to close. I was supposed to close Tuesday, then this came up.
Message 3 of 8
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Nah. It should not mean anything is changing unless the people supporting you have skipped steps or applied them wrong etc.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I will hope that everyone did their due diligence. It certainly appeared that they did. I appreciate the feedback.
Message 5 of 8
JVille
Valued Contributor

You might inquire with you LO (in writing) if they will reimburse all your expenses in this transaction if the deal goes down the drain because you missed you extension to close and the seller had a better offer in the wings?

Note: sorry new poster here, retired Mtg Originator of 30 yrs and all my kids & friends are Realtors. QC Audits are normally pulled after COE
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My LO said he will have closing docs to me on Monday. I guess I am just really wondering if these things generally cause issues for the borrowers? And what to expect in regards to this process?

To top it off, my rental has been sold so I have 17 days to move. Been trying to pack, dealing with all the visitors because of my rental sale, working 10 hours a day, on-call 24/7, and I am a mom. Wondering where I am going to live if this falls apart. My nerves are shot!
Message 7 of 8
JVille
Valued Contributor

So I’m assuming Monday as in the 16th. I’m sure it will be fine but your lender has put your transaction at risk. Will something go wrong, NO not likely, but you are the one at risk and your lender is clueless about the consequences of missing a closing date. Go pack boxes, have a glass of wine and get ready for a signing marathon at your closing! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.