Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Acct.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed Acct.

Can you ask a cc company to reopen the acct if you are the one that closed it. It was closed because DH let his family pay there part of the bill ( long story short in-laws convinced DH to go in together for a gift and split the bill 3 ways) but the problem was that you can give them the statement and they will say yeah I paid but truth be told NEVER PAIDSmiley Mad SO.............
now there are two recent lates aug and nov 07. We current as of now almost paid off actually. But the main concern I have is we are trying to buy a house and the mortgage co needs me to get these off. Can I PFD or will they open the acct and just make it all current?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Closed Acct.

To remove the lates, you would try a GW letter to the CCC.  They probably wont open the account and bring it current for you.  Also if you ask them to re-open the account, they will probably do a hard INQ on your report.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can request that a cc be reopened. You closed it with a balance? Not a good idea.

Please read the thread by Fused on closing cc's:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?message.uid=41393#U41393
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

what should I do in your (whoever replies) opinion. Sears is the cc status is OK account is closed with late pays last one in aug 07. should I.........

A-  GW the lates off (maybe)
B-  PFD the account.
C-  ask for it to be open again and if needed pay to balance of 0

now stating that .....I am trying to get a FHA mortgage in a few months so I need my score up balance down and that late in aug gone or I can't get the loan till around aug 08. mortgage broker just wants me to get it off completely but I want to do what is better in the long run (I think)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.