Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed collection

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Closed collection

Lack of deletion by a debt collector who had collection authority is not a basis for dispute.

The CRA could dismiss without any reinvestigation,

If sent as a direct dispute, the furnisher could likewise dismiss as frivolous or irrelevant.

I would not recommend sending frivolous or irrelevant disputes.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Lack of deletion by a debt collector who had collection authority is not a basis for dispute.

The CRA could dismiss without any reinvestigation,

If sent as a direct dispute, the furnisher could likewise dismiss as frivolous or irrelevant.

I would not recommend sending frivolous or irrelevant disputes.

I was actually pretty honest in my dispute note.that the OC assured me that it would be removed and not just "closed" , I just explained what happened. If it gets deleted, great..if not..it was worth a try, I was stuck with it anyway. Who knows, might get lucky...

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uptate..After going round and round, I finally spoke to the billing manager where the collection originated. She agreed that the collection was, well, dumb..especially for 41.00, when I paid all other large accounts with no issues and she had it removed! Sometimes persistence pays off, and speaking with the right person helps tremendously!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.