Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Line Of Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing Line Of Credit

I have a Gold Option LOC from Bank of America for 27000. It has been open for a little over a year and I have paid it off. I have other credit cards with balances lower than 10% of limit. My scores are all above 700. Would is be a good idea to close this Line of Credit. Since I used it for what I needed it for and now wont need it anymore. Or would closing it hurt my credit score?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing Line Of Credit

Why close it?

Does it have any fees?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your BoA LOC is figured into your revolving credit.  You can also call BoA and ask to put some or all of the LOC limit onto a CC if you have one with them.

In the end it is your choice to keep it open or not but I would certainly see abt transferring the limit to the CC. 

Also, if you close it and in a year you need to use it again it will be a hard pull to open another LOC.  Well sometimes BoA uses internal (at least i have found this) info or soft pulls if you are a long time in good standing customer.  Good Luck Vicki
Message 3 of 4
wmarat
Valued Contributor

If there are no fees, I would not close it.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.