cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Savings Accts due to too many withdrawals...?

tag
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing Savings Accts due to too many withdrawals...?

wmarat wrote:

I've recently talked with BOA rep and been told that the limit is to to 4 withdrawls per month. 

The 'personal banker' I first spoke to in my local BofA branch had no clue about the 6 pre-authorized transfers limit - she only knew about the limit of 3 on other kinds of withdrawals, even though 6 is listed in their AZ Schedule of Fees for Personal Accounts, under Transaction Limits.   I had to call the branch after looking through their own fine print and clue them in on it.

No idea where your rep came up with 4.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been banking with BofA for over 20 years and recently received a notice when 4 withdrawals were made from my savings account for overdraft protection (related to extinuating circumstances related to unexpected travel).  They basically said that my withdrawals were excessive and perhaps I should think about another type of account.  I would not count on them to be more lenient.  IMO, BofA generally tends to be more conservative in its policies.

See what other types of accounts you could open.
Message 12 of 13
Scamp
Valued Contributor

phxwilson wrote:
I've been banking with BofA for over 20 years and recently received a notice when 4 withdrawals were made from my savings account for overdraft protection (related to extinuating circumstances related to unexpected travel).  They basically said that my withdrawals were excessive and perhaps I should think about another type of account.  I would not count on them to be more lenient.  IMO, BofA generally tends to be more conservative in its policies.

See what other types of accounts you could open.

I wondered if the '4' might be BofA's personal preference, so to speak - sounds like that may be the case, or if it applies to O.P. transfers they initiate to cover things FOR you, rather than ones you initiate yourself between accounts...?

Did you actually have to switch to a different type of account, after getting this warning?  Or were you able to explain the situation and keep your savings account?

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.