Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing a Card - DUMP IT ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing a Card - DUMP IT ??

Who's the CCC? For the annual fee, calling 'em each year and asking will sometimes get the annual fee waived that year. Just came 'em back the next year and do the same thing.
Message 11 of 16
MM1234
Regular Contributor

ilovepizza - Good point. I'll have to see if the restarted the Card Date to todays date. They didnt have to pull my report again so that was good.

They did say it would be a GOLD card now....not the Platinum. OOOOOOooo. I dont really care about the color. Im just glad I didnt have to close the card! Ha !!
Message 12 of 16
MM1234
Regular Contributor

Noah_Bodie - it was my Air Tran Visa that is owned by Juniper/Barkleys. I did like the card cause I used Air Tran alot when possible so we'll see.

Oh - i did do that last year to get the fee waived and I was thinking I could have again. But Im so forgetful and with E-Statments its easy to forget to check it if you usually dont carry a balance. But im glad it worked out.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

MM1234 wrote:
Noah_Bodie - it was my Air Tran Visa that is owned by Juniper/Barkleys. I did like the card cause I used Air Tran alot when possible so we'll see.

Oh - i did do that last year to get the fee waived and I was thinking I could have again. But Im so forgetful and with E-Statments its easy to forget to check it if you usually dont carry a balance. But im glad it worked out.

Have you talked to customer service to see whether you can upgrade the card to another Barclays partner card--one with no annual fee?

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 15 of 16
MM1234
Regular Contributor

Hey thanks !! Thats a good link. Maybe thats what she DID do. The One on the left looks like the one I had.....so maybe she did update me to a Platimum cuz I see that has no fee. I kinda lost interest in the conversation with her once she said my APR would be the same but she did mention the word GOLD and PLAT ...Still, with no AF Im happy!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.