cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing on our new house and my credit journey!

tag
Fixfico1990
Valued Member

Closing on our new house and my credit journey!

November of 2013 we sold our house. We were going to buy a house right after, but I pulled my credit and to my dismay my score was 513! This was just this past November of 2013! Thanks to myfico.com I have gotten a ton of insight on how to raise my credit score. The lenders officially pulled my score for the first time last week and my score was at 562. It was far from 620 (the minimum qualifying score for USDA) so I decided to get on myfico and check my report. I looked for any inaccuracies. I called up every place that had a derogatory payment against me. i spent hours and hours on the phone....finally I was able to get my two most recent late payments deleted off of my report. I then paid down two crdit cards that were over 80% utilization. Lenders did a rapid rescore and my new credit score is now 636! My score has gone from 513-636 in two months. Don't lose hope people! it is possible to raise your credit score in a short period of time! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing on our new house and my credit journey!

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 3
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing on our new house and my credit journey!

Incredible results.  Determination and persistence do pay off.  Good luck on your house hunting and financing!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.