Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co signer with repo on credit

tag
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Co signer with repo on credit

The person that I co signed for let the vehicle go, I was never contacted by anyone and given the chance to take over the vehicle, now it is on my credit, there has to be a way to get it off, Does anyone think a GW letter stating that if given the opp I would have taken posession of the vehicle and the notes? Other then that does anyone have any "tricks" up their sleeve.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Re: Co signer with repo on credit

you would have to research the FCRA and find a violation, im sure there has to be one. site the violation and dispute with CRAs.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to check the original contract-

You may have had rights that were ignored.

gdtobefree wrote:
The person that I co signed for let the vehicle go, I was never contacted by anyone and given the chance to take over the vehicle, now it is on my credit, there has to be a way to get it off, Does anyone think a GW letter stating that if given the opp I would have taken posession of the vehicle and the notes? Other then that does anyone have any "tricks" up their sleeve.

Message 3 of 5
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Dummy me didn't keep the original contract it went with the person I cosigned for, I never though he would do that to me (yeah yeah I know we have all said it or heard that one before).
Message 4 of 5
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

OK I read the FCRA and found NOTHING that I could use and now have a headache and my eyes are crossed.

Next suggestion
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.