Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Account /PIF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Account /PIF

If I pay in full a collection account (that has been on my credit for 2 years? when would it be removed from my credit report??? does the seven years start from the date that I paid the account in full????? thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Account /PIF

If you PIF without a PFD  the account will say paid collections & remain on CR for 7-7.5 years from DOFD.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm actually looking for the same answer, I'm very new to these boards can you please explain what PFD and DOFD is. Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

pfd-pay for delete-  dofd date of first deliquency So the date your account
first went deliquent plus 7 year 6 months from that date.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a few paid collections removed just by disputing them with the CRA. I had two from CSC that were deleted within 2 weeks of filing the dispute. I would think that means they actually responded to the inquiry and agreed to delete them. Also the CAs might not respond to the dispute and then they will be deleted after the 30 or 45 day limit passes. It's worth a try.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

DivaM wrote:
I'm actually looking for the same answer, I'm very new to these boards can you please explain what PFD and DOFD is. Much appreciated.

DivaM, welcome. this link has info for newbie and has abbrevs link. You will also find link for freq.requested

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.