Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Account Payoff / IRS Payoff Letter

tag
travelguru
New Contributor

Collection Account Payoff / IRS Payoff Letter

Hi All, I have been looking on this forum for quite some time now and have a question I am hoping someone can help me with. I have looked everywhere for examples of letters I can send to the CRA's regarding old accounts which have been paid in full and are no longer debts. What I need is the following: 1. I need a letter to send to the CRA's regarding an IRS tax lien which is not showing up as paid in full. The IRS is sending me the payoff letter this week. 2. I need a letter to send to the CRA's regarding the payoff of an old account which was paid in full. This account is still showing up on my CA as paid, but should have never been placed on there to begin with. The bill was paid, but in the meantime was sent to collections. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated from you guys. I have learned so much on this form, but have not been able to find the answers to the 2 things above. Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Account Payoff / IRS Payoff Letter

I can respond to the first:

When you get that letter from the IRS promptly fax copies to all 3CRAs and request them to update accordingly.

Message 2 of 4
travelguru
New Contributor

Thanks for the help. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Message 3 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

FAX NOTHING TO ANY CREDIT REPORTING BUREAU.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.