Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Account Showing "Derogatory" Condition

tag
tim2
Contributor

Collection Account Showing "Derogatory" Condition

I have a collection account that shows "derogatory" in the Condition field for EQ and EX.   Is this the piece that drives my score down?   If I pay it off will the condition then show "paid" instead of "derogatory"?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Collection Account Showing "Derogatory" Condition

Any collection is a derogatory factor in your score, whether it says derogatory or not.  It will only make a small difference when it shows paid because it was still a collection.  

Message Edited by guiness56 on 02-22-2008 08:33 AM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

guiness56 wrote:
Any collection is a derogatory factor in your score, whether it says derogatory or not.  It will only make a small difference when it shows paid because it was still a collection.                    

From what I understand, on the basis of what most of the ppl who post on here says, a collection is a collection-paid or unpaid- when it comes to affecting your score.

During a manual review-paid is always better-

But when your score is calculated they "collections" are figured in "not the paid/unpaid" status of them.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder wrote:

guiness56 wrote:

From what I understand, on the basis of what most of the ppl who post on here says, a collection is a collection-paid or unpaid- when it comes to affecting your score.

During a manual review-paid is always better-

But when your score is calculated they "collections" are figured in "not the paid/unpaid" status of them.

Cooooooooooooooorrect.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.