cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Account not yet being reported...

tag
Heartbreaker
Valued Member

Collection Account not yet being reported...

I have received a couple of letters from collection agencies regarding accounts not reported on my credit report. I would like to pay these completely, but would like to try an avoid the accounts getting reported to the bureaus. Should I just send them the money and hope they don't get reported or should I send the people asking for payment a letter before I send them payment? If I send them a letter, what should I say? HELP!! I'd like to get this taken care of ASAP...
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Account not yet being reported...

are these being reported by the OC? If so I would PFD the OC first.
Message 2 of 9
Heartbreaker
Valued Member

actually they are not being reported on my CR at all currently - one is a checking account for an old bank account and the other is a gym membership...any further thoughts?
Message 3 of 9
cgmiller63
Contributor

How old is the debt?  Could be it's past SOL.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heartbreaker wrote:
I have received a couple of letters from collection agencies regarding accounts not reported on my credit report. I would like to pay these completely, but would like to try an avoid the accounts getting reported to the bureaus. Should I just send them the money and hope they don't get reported or should I send the people asking for payment a letter before I send them payment? If I send them a letter, what should I say? HELP!! I'd like to get this taken care of ASAP...

You can reword a PFD. You want them to know that they can not report to CRA if you PIF

when did you stop paying on these accounts.  year?

I know nothing about checking accounts.Thank God I haven't had a problem with that.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-16-2007 10:01 PM
Message 5 of 9
Heartbreaker
Valued Member

They are both relatively new, and relate to the same issue - to try and make a long story short, I switched banks earlier in the year and as a result of me not keeping track of all of my accounts (my bad, i know), the old checking account became overdrawn (reason I received the collection letter for the checking account) and one of the accounts which caused the overdrawn $ was the gym membership (ended up not being paid completely)...so I stopped paying on both less than a year ago

Thanks so much for your help, HappyDays!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to what HappyDays said about the PFD -

You may also want to negotiate with your Chexsystems status with the overdrafts (the bank).   You were probably reported to Chexsystems for the overdraft.   

If you are on a Chexsystems list, not only will you not be able to open bank accounts until you are off the list, but you will not be able to write checks in certain establishments, and some utility companies hold that against you if you want to "pay-by-phone" or if you want utilitiles turned on.
Message 7 of 9
Heartbreaker
Valued Member

How do I find out if I am on a Chexsystems list?  If I am on the list, how exactly would I go about being removed?  Thanks for your help!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Heartbreaker,

You can order a report from Chexsystems.  Here is the link on how to order:

Unlike the CRAs, you can't order on-line unless you were declined from opening an account because you were on the Chexsystems list.   You can still order by phone, mail or fax.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.