Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency Inquires

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Agency Inquires

Does a YC inquiry impact your score?  If so, is there a weight difference between a YC inquiry and other industry inquiries?    Does a YC inquiry fall into 2 categories - the normal inquiry impact and the impact because a collection department/company is accessing?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection Agency Inquires

@Anonymous wrote:

Does a YC inquiry impact your score?  If so, is there a weight difference between a YC inquiry and other industry inquiries?    Does a YC inquiry fall into 2 categories - the normal inquiry impact and the impact because a collection department/company is accessing?

I don't know what a YC inquiry is. I apologize for my ignorance.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

A YC inquiry would be an inquiry generated by a collection services company or department.  YC is the industry code such as BB would be an industry code for a bank.

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they are coded YC when they get to a CRA, that is not how it is coded on your CR.   But, if I understand your meaning, then yes, they would impact your score.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

From an automated point of view, all hard INQs are pretty much created equal.  On manual review, an INQ from a collection agency doesn't look very good.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.