cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency List --> how bad are they?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Agency List --> how bad are they?

Here is a list of Collection Agencies on a persons CR that I have. Just a couple questions:

1. How bad are each to deal with?
2. Once I have disputed the 1st 5, now this person is getting calls. Is this bad?
3. After initial Dispute, should I just DV them?
4. This person also does NOT want to pay these off no matter what, should I stop now?

CA's:
Arrow Financial Service
CB Services
Central Financial Control
Collection Connection
Credit Control Corp
Credit One Bank --> CA?
Grant & Weber --> CA?
JJ MacIntyre Collection
Midland Credit Management
NCO Fin/22 --> wth is this? lol
Southwest Collection Service

Yes, these are all on Experian and some multiple times Smiley Sad

Any advice would be great.

Cujo
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Agency List --> how bad are they?

4. This person also does NOT want to pay these off no matter what, should I stop now?

CA's:
NCO Fin/22 --> wth is this? lol

I have NCO Financial on my CR as well, but it is listed as NCO Fin/99.......so maybe the numbers have something with their departments/ locations,etc......not sure.......but NCO Fin is NCO Financial.

If they do not want to pay them, what are they wanting?

Just to see how many of them will delete due to a dispute/DV?

From what I've read, if you DV and they validate you should be ready to pay b/c a summons usually follows. But I don't know how true it is. I'd say it would depend upon how much the debt is as to whether a summons follows. Once you DV and they validate you can't get into court and pretend you weren't aware of the debt or that the debt is not yours. They done have all the information they need and have provided you with it, if they validate.

If you don't mind my asking, do they not want to pay b/c they just can not pay at the moment or just b/c they don't want to pay?

I've read about PFD, I wonder if a CA would agree to payment plans and deletion upon the account PIF? I know most of them will accept payment plans.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL that about sums it up, they just said ... IM NOT PAYING them no matter what. Now Im thinking of just refunding their money and saying, then there is nothing I can do. My original plan (because they told me they had no idea what any of these were) was to 1. Dispute first, then IF they validated come back with the DV. But if they are unwilling to take care of these, makes my job a bit harder, if not impossible.

Thank god they dont expect me to pay the bills for them seeing they are paying me monthly... ROFL

~Cujo
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone else has had to deal with some of these CA's and how tough are they?

~Cujo
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal opinion ONLY - I would DV first (not dispute with CRA) - reason if you dispute with CRA then the CA can 'ask' you for information and why you fell it is inaccurate. (It's there in the code)

If you DV - you assert your legal right to have them provide all the info and they must report your dispute to the CRA with 5 days.

Considering the way CRAs verify disputed TLs - the chance of it disappearing is minimal to not at all.

I started with 3 CA TLs - 1 went poof upon DV, another I had to fight with the OC for 4 months (but they verified it) and demand an investigation before it was removed, the last is still being worked on.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Scarlet Smiley Happy So I should have sent a DV to the CA's first. I know the person I am helping is now getting phone calls from the CA's. Biggest issue there is they tell me AFTER I sent them out that they dont want to pay these off Smiley Sad Now they will be bent if I can't kill these you know?

~Cujo
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry there Scarlet ... just a quick question. If I DV each one, can they then start legal action?

Cujo
Message 7 of 15
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I did a DV with Grant & Weber and 3 weeks later they deleted the collection. They have been getting sued quite a bit as of late.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 8 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Looking at your list, Arrow & Midland are notoriously bad. I'm sure the others are too, but I haven't read that much about them.

Credit One Bank is an OC not a CA. I have their CC, though not for long.

If you dispute anything, expect a BIG increase in collection activity.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed they all come out of the woodwork Smiley Happy I ended up disputing ALL the CA's on her reports. I called one (Credit Bureau Services here in Cali) OMG what a B this lady was. The first one I talked to I had sweet talked her enough to at least laugh at things I was saying. I guess 17 years of doing tech support helped me there .. LOL So I asked to talk to her Super ... WOW!! No matter what I said (the bill is for 100.00) she said, NOPE, she had many letters from us, phone calls so we will ONLY put PAID IN FULL on there and that is final. I asked her what about a goodwill gesture because she is willing to pay in full right now ... I SAID NO! Then she tells me ... you can always dispute with the CRA's once its done. I came back to her with ... Now M**y, you know as well as I do that you will come back with, Yes it is valid and remains PIF, do not delete. She said, yea well ...

My thoughts on that ... I told the one Im helping to just pay these clowns 10 bucks a month until paid off. If all they will do is a PIF then that is all they get until its paid. I am really hoping the others will at least work with us.

~Cujo
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.