New Contributor
deadpools

Collection Agency Reporting

[ Edited ]
Hi, I was wondering if you can remove a paid collection agency account from your credit report.  I have a couple and called the CA and the said the best they could do was to mark them as paid.  I have another account with them and am in the process of sending them a PFD letter.  Should I try and include any past paid accounts with this letter?  Could I request a verify of those paid accouns?  Any help appreciated!!!!

dP

Message Edited by deadpools on 06-19-2007 07:49 PM
Eq 644, TU 670, Exp ??? shooting for 700 by 6/1/09
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Collection Agency Reporting

GW letters are common practice for paid collections. Good luck!
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

deadpools wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if you can remove a paid collection agency account from your credit report. I have a couple and called the CA and the said the best they could do was to mark them as paid. I have another account with them and am in the process of sending them a PFD letter. Should I try and include any past paid accounts with this letter? Could I request a verify of those paid accounts? Any help appreciated!!!!
dP

Message Edited by deadpools on 06-19-2007 07:49 PM

It is worth a shot to try and include the old accounts with the PFD.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

With the paid collection, them offering to mark it as paid isn't offering you anything. They are already supposed to mark it as paid when you PIF so they aren't accurately reporting now.

I would first dispute with the CRAs as inaccurate. This will make the CA have to update it paid. Takes away the CA's "offer" and pushes them a little further to the wall to accept a PFD for everything, like Timothy suggested.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+