Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency fails to update my information

tag
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

Collection Agency fails to update my information

I had an account go to collection i paid the account off in full jan, 31 2007.  They never updated my information with verzion and I was unaware of this.  Its been hurting my credit score, is there anything I could do?  I called and spoke with someone at verzion but the department that handles this was closed when I called and i was given a number to call back.  I called the collection agency they tried to say it was my fault that they did not update the information with verzion and they where extremely rude and disrespectful.  I get enough of that everyday for being a member of the united states air force i dont need i when im trying to correct my credit report.  Is there anything that can be done because they have failed to update this information as far as getting it removed?

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collection Agency fails to update my information

I am really trying to get my credit in line i am doing good so far i pay my bills ontime and often make more than one payment a month on my student loans.  I have a car payment and i am a few months ahead on that as well. 

Message 2 of 11
MrSpock

Hi Jenkins,

Welcome to the boards.. I am new to this myself... the only thing I can recommend is to read all of the FAQ's and educate yourself as much as possible on your options.  There is a ton of great infromation here and a lot of good advice.  I would suggest that if the pay-off doesn't show up on your credit report soon, then dispute it with the each of the CRA's.  Since its so recent, you should hopefully still have proof of the payment and supporting documentation.

Good Luck!
Message 3 of 11
Boswd
Valued Contributor

dispute it online at all three credit reporting agencies as 0 balance and paid.   It will take up to 30 days but you will get the results your looking for and you even might get lucky and they don't get back to the cra's and it'll got deleted.
Message 4 of 11
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

I have been reading the information on the boards and it is very helpful.  I am in the process of recieve my free credit report from equifax now its going to take a few days for some reason i couldnt recieve it online i have no idea why.  But thanks for the tips i am contacting all three of the cra's about this.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Boswd wrote:
dispute it online at all three credit reporting agencies as 0 balance and paid. It will take up to 30 days but you will get the results your looking for and you even might get lucky and they don't get back to the cra's and it'll got deleted.

The heck with that. If they weren't smart enough to update it.

Do you have an account with them for $xxx ? No, well it must not be yours then
Dispute "Not mine"
Message 6 of 11
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

spoke with verzion and they refuse to remove anything unless it is there fault.

Message 7 of 11
sl
Established Contributor

Jenkins,

Don't give up. Try to google the President of Verizon and call the executive offices. I did that with AMEX and I got the results I wanted.

And thank you for serving our country in the AF especially in these trying days. Military Personnel make our country safer and their work and time is not appricated by many. But you have my thanks and kudos.

Don't give up.
Message 8 of 11
jenkins
Frequent Contributor

thank you very much and its sad how people treat us we are only following orders we dont make them.  I am going to try everything i can, just wish i had someone around me a few years ago telling me what i know now about my credit scores and how important they would be to me right now.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try a goodwill letter.  Many have had good results with them. 
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.