Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Agency

I spoke with someone from a collection agency on a Nissan that was repossessed in 12/04. The guy confused me at first because I didn't remember the car since it had been so long. I told him I would call back when in a quieter environment. He asked if I remember co-signing for this vehicle in 03 and that I owed 9,000 for the vehicle. After remembering, I acknowledged that it was mine. My question is, have I recycled the SOL? I paid last payment 11/04. He then called me back again and tried to make me believe that I had stated that I didn't co-sign for this vehicle. What do I do now if anything? All of this disputing is evidently stirring up the debt that I owe on the account.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Agency

I'm almost certain that you didn't restart SOL if you didn't make a payment. What is SOL in your state?

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection Agency

Never ever talk to a CA on the phone. Always in writing. They record your conversations and will have no problem using what you said against you in the future.

Odds are you are well within SOL. Look through the above link and look for SOL for a written contract.

Disputing or DVing will always stir up the pot. Avoid disputing in the future.

I would start saving for the $9k ASAP and eventually send a DV to the CA and if validated, then offer a PFD.

Forgot to add...it is x years from 11/04.

Message Edited by llecs on 04-17-2008 08:18 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.