cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Deleted from Equifax, now...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Deleted from Equifax, now...

There is nothing unethical about the "not mine," AKA, the "I don't recall" defense. It worked for Reagan and has since become a tradition in politics. LOL

If and when the banks start practicing some ethics, I may adjust my thoughts on the matter. The banking industry owns most of our elected officials, which is why we have to fight like tigers to get our credit reports right. Our rights under the FCRA are weak. The word of creditors is taken as gospel by the CRAs and we consumers are less than dirt.
Message 11 of 15
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

With that new info that was not in the first post... I see no ethical reason to not dispute as 'not mine' with TU and EX.  If they are leaving off major details like the company names ... for all you know it's Moe's Collection Agency trying to re-collect something you have paid, or someone elses debt that was exactly the same amount.   

If it comes back updated accurately to something you recognize, GW.

Good luck!  Smiley Happy
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 12 of 15
newFICOwatcher
Valued Member

I checked all three CR's in the past two days...All 3 CR's have deleted the collection in the past month and all I did was dispute the status with EQ in August!!
Message 13 of 15
newFICOwatcher
Valued Member

ScoreWatch is reporting a 36 point increase today!
Message 14 of 15
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

WTG on the deletions and points!!!!!
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.