Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Deleted

tag
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Collection Deleted

Finally !!!!!!!!!!!  A collection account I have been tyring to get a PFD for three months has disappeared. Have no idea why - I offered to pay the full amount for a deletion. Sent the letter August 23. Today it is gone. When this day finally arrived, I envisioned a 20+  point increase. At least, that is what creditkeeper projected.

Well, I realized a point increase, all right. One point !!!!!

Sure wish I had the slighest clue as to how these scoring formulas work.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
buckeye74
Valued Member

Re: Collection Deleted

I had 8 collection accounts deleted (they were all from an id theft) and my score only went up 3 points!  So i hear ya!  How old was your collection?  I think that has a big part to do with the score increase (or lack of one).  Mine were all from 2005.  A new one was just added last week to my credit (id theft still) and i took a 21 pt drop.  I better regain those points when i get it deleted. 
Message 2 of 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

This collection was from 8/06, fairly recent, so I was kinda expecting more than 1 point.

Buckeye - sounds like you have your hands full with id theft issues.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

buckeye74 wrote:
I had 8 collection accounts deleted (they were all from an id theft) and my score only went up 3 points!  So i hear ya!  How old was your collection?  I think that has a big part to do with the score increase (or lack of one).  Mine were all from 2005.  A new one was just added last week to my credit (id theft still) and i took a 21 pt drop.  I better regain those points when i get it deleted. 

I would put a fraud alert on my credit.  You need to get whoever is using your id information.  It may become harder to get those collections deleted as time goes by.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

buckeye74 wrote:

Sorry for any thread hijacking going on but are you sure that this is ID Theft and not an issue with someone having the same name as you or something like that?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.