cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Disappeared...now Reappeared...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Disappeared...now Reappeared...

It's magic!!  Just like Criss Angel!

I had an old medical collection that was on my report from 2003.  About two months ago, it disappeared.  I just ran my Experian report today and it's back on.

Stupid question, BUT...can they do that??

I didn't dispute or offer a PFD since it went away and I didn't want to raise any flags.  Now I guess I have to be getting some letters out.

It's with Argent HFS - is anyone familiar with them?

Thanks for your assistance!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Disappeared...now Reappeared...

Start with an online dispute of the account. Then DV the CA and send it CMRRR. If they do not update to show the dispute within 5 days of signing the green card it's a violation and if they validate to the CRA without sending you a response that's another. Assuming they don't respond you will only need to wait about 45 days before you can send a copy of the green card and copy of the letter you sent them to the CRA to have it removed. Then you can contact a lawyer and make some money from those clowns.
Message 2 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

HeidiBoo wrote:
It's magic!!  Just like Criss Angel!

I had an old medical collection that was on my report from 2003.  About two months ago, it disappeared.  I just ran my Experian report today and it's back on.

Stupid question, BUT...can they do that??

I didn't dispute or offer a PFD since it went away and I didn't want to raise any flags.  Now I guess I have to be getting some letters out.

It's with Argent HFS - is anyone familiar with them?

Thanks for your assistance!!!

I assume this debt is yours? If yes, what state do you live in?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hate to admit it, but yes it's a valid debt with a hospital here in FL.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.