Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Fell Off My Credit Report.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Fell Off My Credit Report.

I had my only collection fall off my credit report this month. I have on charge-off still showing that is 7 years old that should drop off at any time. Anyways, I have seen people ask how much a collection dropping off will riase your score. That as I have seen epople say depends on your situation. However, for me my score went from 653 to 672, 614 to 628 and 630 to 657. Hope I get the same bump when my charge-off drops off as well.Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Fell Off My Credit Report.

If the charge off is the last negative thing on your credit report, I'll bet your next bump will be bigger.  (If you have lates, etc. it won't be as much, but if you otherwise have a perfect history and the charge off is the last baddie to go, it'll be nice!)
Message 2 of 5
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the score boost! My EQ just went from 674 to 695, which is awesome!
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 5
iltph
Frequent Contributor

You could always try and speed it up by sending a request to the CRAs and stating that the account is "obsolete". I did this with one of my accounts that is due to fall off in three months. (fingers crossed)
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Message 4 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Iltph, we don't advocate unethical credit repair. The account is OP's and is rightfully reporting until it falls off. OP can always do a GW letter to attempt to remove the item.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.