cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection I need a few questions answered.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection I need a few questions answered.

Ok I have a account that reached the Sol on the original creditor in 11/2006. And Then the Collection agency just passed its SOL on 7/5/2007. But they are sub contracting they did not sell my account to a attorneys office they are having the attorneys office go after me. Does the Sol Restart when they place it with a internal attorney's office to collect. Because it says the collection agency's name as the debt owed to not to the attorney.  Iam in California So Sol is 4 years on a written contract. But here is were it gets fishy. I baught the car in arizona and I was a resident then I had it voluntary reposessed. I moved back to california 1 month later. And Became a resident in california again. Which state do they have to abide by for statute of Limitations California 4 years or Arizona 6 years.  No one has been able to answer this question not even a lawyer in california or a lawyer in Arizona they are not sure and do not know. Its a grey area. Please help me out on this
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection I need a few questions answered.

yourmomma1234 wrote:
Ok I have a account that reached the Sol on the original creditor in 11/2006. And Then the Collection agency just passed its SOL on 7/5/2007. But they are sub contracting they did not sell my account to a attorneys office they are having the attorneys office go after me. Does the Sol Restart when they place it with a internal attorney's office to collect. Because it says the collection agency's name as the debt owed to not to the attorney.  Iam in California So Sol is 4 years on a written contract. But here is were it gets fishy. I baught the car in arizona and I was a resident then I had it voluntary reposessed. I moved back to california 1 month later. And Became a resident in california again. Which state do they have to abide by for statute of Limitations California 4 years or Arizona 6 years.  No one has been able to answer this question not even a lawyer in california or a lawyer in Arizona they are not sure and do not know. Its a grey area. Please help me out on this

If i am reading this right, you want to know about re-aging SOL and what state SOL to go by.

There is no case law as to which state SOL comes into play. Usually a lawsuit is filed in the state where you live now.(except for foreclosure & things like that) 

SOL does not change when a OC turns over or sells debt to another. No matter how many times that it is sold.

CRTP and SOL starts with the OC (unless you become current) DOFD or SOL might be DOLA
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.