Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection PFD letter from OC......

tag
theREBIRTHofCREDIT
Regular Contributor

Re: Collection PFD letter from OC......

Happy Days

In the letter that you just posted, near the end it state's "reporting a debt to the credit reporting agencies that can not be validated is a violation of the FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act), and carries a $2500 fine to be paid to me. I have two years to decide if I want to pursue this matter. PLEASE GIVE THIS MATTER THE ATTENTION IT DESERVES."

Does this still apply if it has been longer than two years??

In the letter that I received from the OC it states that my account was PIF in 12/06 but on my CR the CA states that my account was pd 10/05. But in all actuality I believe that I PIF this account in 09/05.

Message Edited by theREBIRTHofCREDIT on 01-18-2008 05:33 PM
Goal Score 680+
Start Score ........ 2/05/14: ...EX 612 -TU 575 -EQ 567
Current Score .... 5/02/14: ...EX 652 -TU 655 -EQ 646

I almost paid for credit repair......until I found myFICO!!!!!
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would do the same    DV the CA  CMRRR   they legally have nothing to report!
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

See you paid the Dr. so only the Dr. has the paper trail....If the CA wants to report *piad* on your CR  they will need to prove that you paid them....they can't
Message 13 of 19
theREBIRTHofCREDIT
Regular Contributor

So what should I do with the letter that I just received from the Dr. as proof that he agreed to notify the CA to stop reporting my account to the CRA's? File it (for now)??

Also, Question:

When the OC submit an account to collections do they provide them with info that WILL validate your account? I guess my question is Why wouldn't they be able to validate it, since it is a valid account that I PIF

Message Edited by theREBIRTHofCREDIT on 01-18-2008 05:40 PM
Goal Score 680+
Start Score ........ 2/05/14: ...EX 612 -TU 575 -EQ 567
Current Score .... 5/02/14: ...EX 652 -TU 655 -EQ 646

I almost paid for credit repair......until I found myFICO!!!!!
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am guessing here....2 years from date that you knew it was on your CR  and you DVd the CA.

In other words....you saw it on your CR 12/07....DV sent 1/14/08...... DV received 1/18/08   they must answer  and correctly validate no later then 2/25/2008. If they do not validate (answer DV within 30 days...they must stop reporting)  If they keep reporting without answering the DV   then they are in violation every time that they update!!  You can then wait up till 2 years to file suit.

Just hold the letter for now. DO NOT lose it!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-18-2008 05:47 PM
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scramb....remember that the CA is employee of the OC. The OC can demand that they do it.
Message 16 of 19
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Thanks happy, i think the oc has brain freeze, they think they cant delete it, i told them they can because my fico friends said so! They said to call them on tuesday for an update, i'll see what happens!
Message 17 of 19
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

rebirth, i'm sorry i hyjacked your threadSmiley Wink
Message 18 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto to HappyDays' reply. More than one person in here has DV'd a paid collection and the CA, in turn, deleted the reference off the CR.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.