Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Reporting but have not contacted Me

tag
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

Collection Reporting but have not contacted Me

I pulled my EX report and found that RJM is reporting as of 3/08 and I have not being contacted inregards about this collection.  I am willing to pay 60-70% of the debt.  I have work with them before on another debt and they allowed me to pay a percentage and then removed the information from my file about two weeks after receiving the payment.  What should I do about this since I was not contacted?  Should I contact them by mail after for a settlement offer along with a deletion from my file?  I would like this taking care of ASAP.  I applied for an BOA secured card an was denied this is probably why?  I closed my two saving accounts with them b/c I was denied the secured card.
img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection Reporting but have not contacted Me

2Bfree wrote:
I pulled my EX report and found that RJM is reporting as of 3/08 and I have not being contacted inregards about this collection.  I am willing to pay 60-70% of the debt.  I have work with them before on another debt and they allowed me to pay a percentage and then removed the information from my file about two weeks after receiving the payment.  What should I do about this since I was not contacted?  Should I contact them by mail after for a settlement offer along with a deletion from my file?  I would like this taking care of ASAP.  I applied for an BOA secured card an was denied this is probably why?  I closed my two saving accounts with them b/c I was denied the secured card.

IMO a DV should always be sent before anything!!!  They know that you have paid in the past and have your #.

Is the OC reporting   what is the DOFD  DOLA  SOL????

Send a DV letter   CMRRR  do not sign it just type your name!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV first - never trust a CA to be correct in what they report.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 03-12-2008 03:56 PM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old is the debt..I called them last week....i did a PFD over the phone and they emailed the PFD letter.  After i got the letter i paid
Message 4 of 5
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Do you have a contact person at RJM whom helped you previously with your previous account?
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.