Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection agency agreeing to remove account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection agency agreeing to remove account

I have been reading on this board that some people have sent a pay for delete (PFD) letter and have successfully been able to settle the debt with the collection and agency and get the account removed from their credit reports. Has anyone found a company that has flat out refused?

I have one collection account with RJM Acquisitions. Has anyone been able to successfully make a PFD agreement with this agency? If so, what settlement % were you able to negotiate.

I also wonder where to start negotiations as far as a settlment amount. I, obviously, would like to pay as little as possible while still getting them to agree to delete the account. I am willing to pay the full amount if it comes down to it. Nonetheless, a good negotiator never starts high. What's the smallest repayment % anyone has been able to negotiate?

Does anyone have a horror story about obtaining a PFD settlement prior to payment and the agency not removing the file as agreed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection agency agreeing to remove account

GET ANY PFD IN WRITING!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a collection with them.  I called them and they were very nice.  I agreed to pay the amount owed and the woman sent me a PFD without any hassle.  She said that she was "happy to do it."  The letter was faxed to me an hour after I paid the account.  I think if you are nice to them and treat the person on the phone with respect, you will get the same treatment.  YMMV [I just couldn't wait to use that term]Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an account with them.  They were very nice I paid and had the PD letter fax with a few hours to my office that same day.  In fact, before I have a chance to send it to the RA's it was already taken care off.  Best experience ever.

Message Edited by mporchejr on 07-24-2007 11:41 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.