cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection deleted at one CRB but not the other!!???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection deleted at one CRB but not the other!!???

I recently disputed a paid collection on my report. I disputed at two agencies and one said that it will stay and the other deleted it. What happens now?? Will they delete it at all of them or just one?

Message Edited by amandarose1977 on 02-12-2008 10:59 AM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Collection deleted at one CRA but not the other!!???

A paid collection stays for the entire 7 years, it just shows paid.  If you got one off though, that is good.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess i should explain the debt better. It was a 55.00 debt from AT&T 2004 that I never opened. I was told that it would be removed and after looking months later I seen it had remained there and as not paid. I called the collection company and was told that i would have to dispute it because they had sent the info a long time ago to the credit companies. So i disputed it with 2 of them and one marked it as a paid collection to stay and they other deleted it as it was suppose to be done. My confusion is what happens when one keeps it and not the other and do i just dispute it again?
Message 3 of 5
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Did you get a letter from them stating they'd have it deleted or is this all verbal?
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.