cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection from AAC? What company is this? where do I find out who they are?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection from AAC? What company is this? where do I find out who they are?

Hi

so I pulled my Report and it shows a collection from Aac? it's over 120 days? I would like to resolve it but I dont know what account it is?

Any information would be appreciated. thanx
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection from AAC? What company is this? where do I find out who they are?

Googled AAC collections and found Affiliated Acceptance Corporation at affiliated.org. Based in Missouri. Could this be it. Also, I believe that FCRA requires them to put their contact info on your reports. You could try pulling directly from each CRA to find more info.

BTW, welcome to the forums, read, read, read, and don't call them.

Message Edited by llecs on 02-05-2008 02:50 PM
Message 2 of 11
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Collection from AAC? What company is this? where do I find out who they are?

Is Affiliated Acceptance Corp. the former Asset Acceptance Corp?  Asset Acceptance is a CA.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

nice to be here....really need to brinig this 456 fico up to 620..

thanx for the investigation guys...I appreciate it!Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Could be Asset Acceptance. OP asked in the subject line "collection from AAC? What company is this?" Figured that AAC is the only identifiable info on CR.
Message 5 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, don't do anything until you figure out what AAC stands for and what their contact info is.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is Asset Acceptance it could be an old Providian card if you had one of those. 
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moderator says to find out who they are and do not call.  Could you explain how to get it settled if you don't call them and get it cleared up?

Just asking a question, first post on this forum, as I have the same thing showing up on mine and no contact info or what it is for.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

grownup wrote:

Moderator says to find out who they are and do not call.  Could you explain how to get it settled if you don't call them and get it cleared up?

Just asking a question, first post on this forum, as I have the same thing showing up on mine and no contact info or what it is for.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!

There's steps that OP could have taken before making a call. I was trying to hint to him to save the call for last. I'd start by pulling all 3 reports directly from the CRAs (assuming it is reporting on all 3). Those CRs will list the CA's name, OC info (usually) and contact info by which to send a DV letter. The contact info likely won't be on any 3rd-party reports like myFICO, creditchecktotal ot Truecredit, but should be listed on the reports pulled from each CRA. You can get all 3 for free once a year via annualcreditreport.com.

I suppose if it isn't on there, and there have been no letters, then doing a google search on the phone number might turn up something. If no phone number, then maybe a call to the CRA would result in more info since the CA would be a client of theirs (evidenced by the reporting).

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The info is not on any of the reports I've pulled up.  "not reported".

What is a DV letter.?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.