Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection from Apartment Complex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection from Apartment Complex

An old apartment I lived in claimed that I didn't give proper notice and didn't turn in my keys, etc.  I never received notice about this until I was contacted by a collection agency late last year.  Not knowing about this web site and not knowing the proper steps to take I simply told the CA that I had given proper notice, had turned in my keys and I would not pay them.

I never heard another word from them, but then when I went to move in to a new apartment earlier this year and they pop up when the new apt did a credit check and they told me they couldn't rent to me.  I then contacted the original apt complex, found my signed and dated 60 day notice and took it to them. They agreed I had given proper notice, but still said I needed to pay for not turning in keys, etc.  Not having any record regarding this I paid them their money and they wrote a letter to my new apt explaining that I had paid all money owed and the CA would be contacted and any past debt would be removed from my CR.

I am now 8 months later and the CA does show PIF, but never removed this from my credit report like the apt complex had said they would have them do.

I have disputed with CRA, but to no avail.  The apt complex is now owned by a different management company and does not even use this CA anymore.

How can I get this off my CA?  I still have the letter that the apt wrote.  I did not even pay the CA so does that matter?  Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection from Apartment Complex

Ask the CRA for MOV.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.