Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection - pay or not pay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection - pay or not pay

Lady Scarlet, I felt the same way as you do just 1 week ago...today I have to disagree. A LOT can happen with a collection account in 4-5 years. I have to say, I think you'll eventually regret your decision.

My chances of obtaining a good low APR car loan just plummeted with the updating of my 4 yr. old collection being reported as new. I'v seen posts on this board even worst than mine...people trying to get mortgages and having this same thing happen to them. They would have been much better off with the paid collection showing on their reports. Betting lots of people here wish they had just gone ahead and paid the old collection BEFORE it was resold.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection - pay or not pay

it is med and owned by the OC - to assign it to another CA , this one has to delete (and I will force that issue) - I'll DV the next CA, adn the one after that and the one after that.... this was only placed lon the CR to mess with my credit (no attempts to ever collect from the CA) - and unless the unmess it , they don't get a penny!!!!
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.