Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection question. Can I dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection question. Can I dispute?

Tuscani, they have provided no proof. I officially asked for a bill reprint but the account number on the reprint did not match the account number they say I owe on. The first time they told me about this balance, they told me it was for the Feb. 2005 statement, the reprint they mailed me is Jan. 2006, so I called and they said its for 2006 not 2005 that I owe. Sometime before I received the reprint in the mail, I called about a question I had, the phone call ended up with the rep. offering another reprint (even though I had one on the way I still agreed). I got it in the mail a few days ago and this one DOES have the account number they say I owe them on but they date is April 2007. So I called them back because it made no sense and now I'm waiting on another reprint.

Its all confusing but they still have not sent me any proof.
Message 11 of 27
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Try contacting Cingular via planetfeedback.com.
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tuscani. I will try talking to a supervisor before I go through that website.
Message 13 of 27
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck. Keep us updated.
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a letter to the CA on Monday disputing the debt and they didn't called me once today (they called everyday, more than once a day on some occasions) some I'm assuming they got the letter. I also submitted a complaint against Cingular through planetfeedback.com today so now I wait and see what happens. If I don't get a response from Cingular by the end of next week then I will go through BBB.
Message 15 of 27
JuliaPR
Established Member

Good job. I would report them to ripoffreport.com They are like the BBB, but they are not shy in showing consumer complaints to the public.
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the only thing I don't like about BBB. I will use ripoffreport.com, too.
Message 17 of 27
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

SOL in California is if they haven't pursued the debt for over 1 year, it's no longer valid. Not only do they have to provide proof now that you owe the money, they have to provide proof they've been attempting to contact you regarding this debt. I would check with your SOL in your home area. I don't know if this law here is the same in every state

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

javi84,

Did you send the letter CMRRR? If not, I would send them a DV letter CMRRR. Gives you proof to beat 'em with should they persist.

Always DV a CA. The law is there to protect you.

Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kevin, I will look into that.
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.