Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection "report date" question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection "report date" question.

I was looking over some of my collection accounts on my credit report. I noticed that a specific CA hasn't reported several accounts(from a hospital) since 2012. What would cause them to not report it for so long? Is this grounds for a dispute? I have read trying to propose a DVL would amount to nothing, especially with the accounts being 4 or 5 years old. A little insight would be helpful! Thank you!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection "report date" question.

@Anonymous wrote:
I was looking over some of my collection accounts on my credit report. I noticed that a specific CA hasn't reported several accounts(from a hospital) since 2012. What would cause them to not report it for so long? Money, it costs them every time they update it, this is actually good for you as its aging in the eyes of Fico if it were reporting every month it would be keeping your Fico score depressed.
Is this grounds for a dispute? No
I have read trying to propose a DVL would amount to nothing, especially with the accounts being 4 or 5 years old. A little insight would be helpful! Thank you!

Since this is medical debt there are some things you can do over and above a normal collection.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.