cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection removal due to bill sent to incorrect address

tag
GetLifeBack

Collection removal due to bill sent to incorrect address

Ok, I need help. I have a collection that I just paid and I want it removed cause it is lowering my score. I called the collection agency and asked about the debt and it was a non-payment of a co-pay for my son at the emergency room. The reason that it went to collection was the they had a incorrect address that they were sending the bill to. Therefore I was not able to get the bill and pay it and was not aware of the bill nor the collection until I pulled my credit report. I tried to talk to the collection agency and ask them being that I have paid the collection could they remove it from my credit report and they denied me. I do not have a problem paying the $129, because it is owed, but in turn I want it removed and not a paid collection. What can I do to get this removed from my report?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Collection removal due to bill sent to incorrect address

The time to negotiate was before the payment was made. 

Hopefully a FicoSuperPower will come along and give you some useful information!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.