cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection removed and score went down...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection removed and score went down...

Is this because the average age of my accounts changed? If so, I think it's strange that a collection would count toward your average age. I'm not too worried, because I'm hoping they will soon start reporting the AU account that the other two are reporting. I was just making sure that's what happened. I like to have a little bit of an idea of what to expect when changes happen to my CR. Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection removed and score went down...

Tracy:

I was under the impression that collections and PRs do not count toward your average age. Something else must be happening on the account.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejer wrote:
Tracy:

I was under the impression that collections and PRs do not count toward your average age. Something else must be happening on the account.

Really? Yikes. The only other thing that changed is the balance on my credit card, but it went from $152 to $133 of a $200 limit. The only thing different about it is that it has one of the white boxes in the payment history instead of the green OK. I thought that didn't matter though? The Pay Status says Current, which it is. Will the white box eventually update to green? Thanks!
Message 3 of 6
Minnie
Contributor

My score went down when I had a tax lien removed. I was told by posters on this board that it happens when you get re-bucketed, which I think means you are placed in a better category and your score has the potential to reach a higher level, but you are now being compared with others who have no collections or tax liens, or whatever baddies you had removed. If you search the boards, you'll find info about the buckets.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Minnie - different bucket.
Message 5 of 6
Minnie
Contributor

Oooh! I need help with Verizon! How did you achieve success with them? Thanks!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.