cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection removed and then re-inserted again what are my choices?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection removed and then re-inserted again what are my choices?

Hello friends, So South Credit Systems had a Comcast collection account on my credit. They removed it around July 15th 2016 and then they reinserted on Sep 26 2016. I disputed last month and then they sent me a Comcast bill 5 years ago, it's 127 dollars that I don't know. So my question Can I dispute the fact that they removed the collection from my credit and then reinserted again without my knowledge? Is that a reasonable argument? Thanks for your help. The way Knew is that I always check my Credit  on Creditkarma and it is the one who showed me that the account has been removed. 

3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collection removed and then re-inserted again what are my choices?

Reinsertion of previously deleted information is controlled under the FCRA only in cases where the deletion occured as a result of the finding in a dispute.

If the deletion was done by the CRA as a result of a dispute finding that the accuracy could not be verified, then the information can only be resinserted if it is accompanied by a "Certification of Accuracy," which provides the previously missing verification.  See FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).

If the required Certification of Accuracy is provided and the CRA resinserts, then the CRA is required to send the consumer a written notice of the reinsertion within 5 business days after the reinsertion, so the consumer will always be made aware that the CRA has approved the reinsertion.

If there was no finding in a prior dispute that led to the deletion, then there are no special procedures necessary to reinsert previously delted information.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Reinsertion of previously deleted information is controlled under the FCRA only in cases where the deletion occured as a result of the finding in a dispute.

If the deletion was done by the CRA as a result of a dispute finding that the accuracy could not be verified, then the information can only be resinserted if it is accompanied by a "Certification of Accuracy," which provides the previously missing verification.  See FCRA 611(a)(5)(B).

If the required Certification of Accuracy is provided and the CRA resinserts, then the CRA is required to send the consumer a written notice of the reinsertion within 5 business days after the reinsertion, so the consumer will always be made aware that the CRA has approved the reinsertion.

If there was no finding in a prior dispute that led to the deletion, then there are no special procedures necessary to reinsert previously delted information.

RobertEG,

Does this information stand for late payment deletions and reinsertions as well?  I had a 90 day late removed in early October (received a letter stating that it would be removed) and within a week it was back.  It was nice to see my scores pop up about 30 points, but just as quick those 30 were lost again when it was back on.  I sent a snail mail letter to the creditor letting them know what happened, but never heard back and it's never been redeleted.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It applies to any item of information, provided that item was the information that was the subject of the prior dispute, and was found not to be verified in the dispute.

If a prior delinquency, for example, was volunarily deleted by the creditor, then there is no requirment for any additional certification in order to reinsert.

As proof that the item was the subject of the dispute and was found not to have been verified, you need your Notice of Results of Reinvestigation that was sent by the CRA.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.