Did you mean: 

Collection removed from credit?

tag
oldcreditwoes
Contributor

Re: Collection removed from credit?

@Revelate wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Hello fico friends. Just went to the new credit karma site. And saw the new layout of course scores useless. But I don't know what to think of all this. I log in and it says. My collection was removed from my report. No where to be seen. Gone. Wala. My one and only baddie. 5 years old. Paid in full. Can this be true? Checked my actual report. No where to be seen. At least on ck. no change in fico as I just got this info 5 mins ago. Any advice as how to chevk for sure. Would be nice to have a complete clean report.  Thanks all. 

If the bureau doesn't have it, it doesn't have it.  If you did something wierd to get it removed it might come back... but if you were just hanging out, could be gone.  In my experience none of the FICO monitoring products will catch a removal of a derogatory, but if you were to pull a single report or just wait for a balance change it should be reflected on that.

I know looking at my own collections that the DOFD is before the date the collection is placed in my case (DOFD 2009 collection placed late 2010, and TU has an estimated 2016 drop off date as a result) which is maybe what happened here?

Or if it's Equifax, well, sometimes they delete negative information (like my albatross tax lien years early) in addition to the positive closed tradelines everyone complains about Smiley Happy.

EQ deleted some stuff from my CR a few weeks ago...two tax liens..one that was 5 years from aging off...a PIF collection from 2011, completely gone....and they also deleted a bunch of really old 30 and 60 day lates from an old car loan from the dark years....started reporting that TL as positive...2 years before they would age off on their own. so....yeah, sometimes EQ will suprise ya....
Message 11 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

As always, you can verify by pulling your report directly from the CRA to rule out any mistakes on CK's part.

@taxi818 wrote:

i went to walmart to see if fico changed. and it had not.

When does your score update and when was the derog removed?

According to ck. it was removed on transunion between the 17-and yesterday. Score did not change. So I'm not sure. I'm hoping. 

Score wouldn't change on CK: VS 3.0 discounts paid collections.  CRA dataset as Tak mentions is where to be sure.

        
Message 12 of 14
racer-x
Valued Contributor

CK tells me  I have '0 derogatory marks'.  But then it shows a 4 yr old very small paid collection in the 'collection' category.

Does CK not consider that 4 yr old paid collection as negative or derogatory? 

Sorry for the threadjack.

Message 13 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

CK tells me  I have '0 derogatory marks'.  But then it shows a 4 yr old very small paid collection in the 'collection' category.

Does CK not consider that 4 yr old paid collection as negative or derogatory? 

Sorry for the threadjack.

Yes. Like the new fico 9. Medical. Under 100. Or paid collections not counted. My old ck score 69 points higher than fico. This vantage score. Only 15 points higher. Because of that old paid collection. Fico. Tu. 703.  Vantage. 718.  But. Eq. Only. 668. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.