Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection without informing!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection without informing!

Comcast has sent my account to collection without giving me an opportunity to pay!

They say that i have not returned an their modem equipment...when i had their internet services in 2005.But since then i have relocated thrice and have had Comcast services till mid 2007, and i have returned all the equipment! i have proof of returns of all except the one they want!

I want to know if i can dispute this collection!

I have contacted comcast customer service and they told me to contact the collection agency..i tried to explain to the agency ..but they said all they can do is dispute this claim by comcast!

I want to know!!!

1.) Comcast had my latest information on file...but still didnt send me the bill for the modem..instead they sent it to collection! so can i use this argument to pay the due and have it removed from my report!!!!!!

2.)  Can i dispute the collection and have it removed from my Cre_reports..it has hurt my changes of getting a refinance!! :-(

Gurus Plz..advice!!

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collection without informing!

Please see my post on Fraudulent Comcast Account...   I have posted my updates there from dealing with Comcast.  They said that they were sending me collection letters from CPA to my old address.  Well, duh, I don't live there anymore and since I have new service with you, you can't say you didn't know how to contact me.  That was a blatant lie.

I contacted Maria Gomez at AZDFI and they have filed a complaint against the collection agency, CPA and they have 10 days to resolve.  DId you ever get any mail from the collection agency in regard to this?  Do you still have service with Comcast?

Please give Maria my name, Evelyn Sanders Walker, she will remember me and let her know that the same thing happened to you.  They could get fined for this. 

Hearts

I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply!

That is the whole point of argument..i have not recieved any letter from comcast or the agency..

Since i dont have proof of return of the equipment..i am willing to pay the due..provided they take it off my record..

It took me 1.5 yrs to clean up my Cr-report and now..its all down the drain..sucks!

Do you have the contact phone number..

Thanks again for the reply!
Message 3 of 4
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

602-957-3095  Maria Gomez

Hearts
I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.