Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Deleted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections Deleted

Is there any legal way to have paid collections deleted?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections Deleted

Yes.  Send the company a GW and ask for them to delete them!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please excuse my ingnorance-what is a GW?
Message 3 of 7
sl
Established Contributor

It is a Goodwill Letter explaining your situation and asking the company to remove the bad remarks from your CR.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

credithelp wrote:
Please excuse my ingnorance-what is a GW?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=2661

Here are examples.

Message 5 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

credithelp wrote:
Is there any legal way to have paid collections deleted?

Just to dispell some mythology, there is no law which compells ANY lender to report ANY information, good or bad, to ANY CRA for any reason, ever. They reported it to the CRAs. They can delete it. Simple as that. Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar, and you can quote me on that.

Many, including a few in these here parts, choose to believe it's fraud or some such nonsense for accurate information to be deleted from CRs. [Exactly what the H-E-double toothpicks do these people suppose a GW is but the deletion of accurate information?]

I get the feeling sometimes there are some who view CRs as one's "permanent, record." That line of B.S. didn't scare me in junior high, high school, and even outta one employer [all I could do to keep from laughing in the guy's face, and I still consider him a thoughtful, intelligent friend]. It's don't scare me today.

Done with my soapbox. Feel free to chop it up and use it for firewood.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.