Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections appear on report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections appear on report

I had a collections for time Warner Cable on my credit report for about a year and around January of 2016 they disappeared off my credit and my credit jumped up 30 points. Now in March 2016 they appeared again on my equifax but not my transunion and dropped my credit 38 points. Is there anyway to successfully dispute this and have it removed?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collections appear on report

Not because of the reinsertion after deletion.

The only additional requirements pertaining to reinsertion of previously deleted information is when the deletion was due to non-verification as the outcome or a dispute, and even then it can be reinserted if accompanied by a certification of its acccuracy.

It should be treated the same as any normal, first-reported collection.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So basically nothing I can do. Any advice on disputing this to have it removed or am I pretty well screwed here.
Message 3 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
So basically nothing I can do. Any advice on disputing this to have it removed or am I pretty well screwed here.

Nah, post the details over in the Rebuilding Your Credit forum, all hope is not lost yet as there are a number of ways of addressing the collection which may work for you in this circumstance.

        
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thank you
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Is the debt legitimate?

What is inaccurate in the reporting that would form the basis for a dispute?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.