Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections paid by Ins co.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections paid by Ins co.

Ok...I have collections acct on my report that has been bugging me for awhile now. I thought I paid it but my Ins company did from my car accident back in '04. My Ins company said they would send me a copy of the paid check for verification.

But my delema is this, the collection agency "KNOWS" this was an Ins claim but stated to me that "even if it was a Ins claim and they paid it, if it goes over 51 days, it automatically goes on your report". Now I couldnt do nothing but laugh as he also stated if I send him my info, he could go to bat for me to get it off. I asked him..why do I have to sent you proof if you just told me it was paid by my Ins company (and yes...my trusty recorder was rolling).

So have anyone ever have to deal with something like this? I need a little insite on how to go about it. TIA
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections paid by Ins co.

cjones46402 wrote:
Ok...I have collections acct on my report that has been bugging me for awhile now. I thought I paid it but my Ins company did from my car accident back in '04. My Ins company said they would send me a copy of the paid check for verification.

But my delema is this, the collection agency "KNOWS" this was an Ins claim but stated to me that "even if it was a Ins claim and they paid it, if it goes over 51 days, it automatically goes on your report". Now I couldnt do nothing but laugh as he also stated if I send him my info, he could go to bat for me to get it off. I asked him..why do I have to sent you proof if you just told me it was paid by my Ins company (and yes...my trusty recorder was rolling).

So have anyone ever have to deal with something like this? I need a little insite on how to go about it. TIA

Contact them by mail only.  Send a copy of the EOB.  Let them know the claim has been paid and that if they report or do not remove, you will report them to the FTC.  Do you happen to have an HMO by any chance?  If not did you meet your deductible?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No...it was a Ins claim through Statefarm from a car accident I was in. After thinking about it, I asked the statefarm rep if she could send me the information on when the Dr. office submitted the claim with the copy of the check. I'm thinking the Dr. office took too long to send the bill out because Statefarm paid every claim that came there way within a 30 day timeframe. This is the only one that ever stated it was in collection and they paid all my medical bills for 4 months.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the physician did not bill in time, that is not YOUR problem, it is theirs.  Since it was paid through State Farm, I would also ask them for help handling the collection action. They are pretty good at that.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks for the reply...imma try to handle it that way
Message 5 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

DV them.  And, since this was in 2004, you have rights under HIPAA so search here and google whychat HIPAA.

Tell them that if their utter stupidity and FCRA violations continue past day 1, you automatically get to report them to the AG, BBB, and FTC and will enjoy each and every 1k violation.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advise....so DV the CA? or the OC? At any rate im going to wait till the Ins company mail me those copies then start my travels...lol

Message Edited by cjones46402 on 01-02-2008 08:42 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.