Valued Member
mere2368

Collections question...

I have an account that was put into collections.  I called to talk to someone about paying it off and getting it taken off of my credit report.   They said they would send me a letter AFTER its paid saying they are taking it off.  Should I keep pushing for them to send me a letter first saying they will take it off if I pay?  Thanks!
Regular Contributor
Bruiser

Re: Collections question...

I would send them a PFD Letter. Don't pay them a cent untill you get something in writing that says they will remove the account if you pay.

They're shisty like that,..once they get your money you have no leverage and they will probably not even delete your co.
Valued Member
mere2368

Im new... whats a PFD??
Regular Contributor
Bruiser

[ Edited ]

some good info on this above link regarding PFD (Pay For Delete)

thanks to Tuscani

Message Edited by Bruiser on 06-25-2007 01:40 PM

Message Edited by Bruiser on 06-25-2007 01:41 PM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}