Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections removed, no score change???

tag
Shayenorwood
Valued Member

Collections removed, no score change???

3 medical collections from 08 were removed today from my CR but my vantage score didn't move. I don't have access to my real ficos to know if they went up or not. Any thoughts are appreciated. I know the scoring is different and vantage is Fako but I figured I would at least see an increase. Let me know if u think my real Ficos increased or not. Thanks in advance!!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Collections removed, no score change???

Fully share your credit reports from MY Fico and we can possibly help you to improve your position.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 2 of 5
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

If these are not the only negative items on your report you may not even see a large increase or much movement at all in your FICO scores. I know that most members report that when the report is fully clean of negative remarks / accounts that they see a large score increase. I have 1 report that is clean and two that have a 61/2 year old collection account and there is almost a 60 point difference in the scores.

Add to that the Vantage score is FAKO and uses different scoring algorithms and you can see the problem. It may simply be that Vantage was not scoring these accounts as negative due to age / small balance / or the phase of the moon in November.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You've been given really good advice above.  You may not see an immediate score bump, it depends what else is on your CR, but the overall health of your CR is improved by them being deleted.  Continue doing what you're doing and you'll start to see results.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@bettercreditguy1 wrote:

Fully share your credit reports from MY Fico and we can possibly help you to improve your position.

I'm guessing by OP's post that he/she doesn't have a FICO score yet due to a lack of reporting TLs. Unfortunately myFICO won't generate a report without it.

OP, FAKO is as FAKO does. If my guess is right, you don't have a FICO to increase or decrease. As mentioned already, YMMV on any score change based on your credit. If you have 100 other CAs, then 3 won't make a difference. If you are now CA-free but have some recent lates, then removing these CAs wouldn't make much of a difference either. Had you had a FICO, I bet it would go up barring scenarios like these.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.