Did you mean: 

Collections - should I pay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections - should I pay

Date opened [?]

Jun, 2001

Date of last activity [?] Nov, 2001 Account number [?] XXXXX2312 Largest past balance [?] $11,862 Credit Type [?] Installment Account holder [?] Individual Scheduled payment amount [?] $464
Descriptions [?]
  • Charged off account
  • Auto

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?] $11,862 Bad debt/collection $11,862 Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 1 time (Nov 2001) Recent payment history [?] Not ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedOKOKOKOKReposetion\ForclosureOKOKOKOKOKOKOK7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 2000 2001 2002 Legend: Not ReportedNot Open Current paidCurrently paid as agreed Repossession/ForeclosureReposession/Foreclosure

Major bady –

Options regarding bad collections above but first the facts it is due to fall of as of Nov. this year (according to 7 yr standard) and DOLP (Nov. 2001) it was open on June 2001.  By the way – this car was repossessed because it was a used car and come to found out it was a “lemon”  it was completely broken down 2 months after purchase.  Anyway, I digressed.  Should I:

1. write a letter PFD letter – asking for payment options
  2. write a letter requesting to make payments in exchange for updated report stating that my payments are up to date and on time)
  3. leave it alone – let it fall off

lastly, the other major things hurting my report –

my oldest ago was opened 8 years ago (by the way it’s the above account) and also my inactive student loan – does that mean if I get the above account removed my score would be lowered more??? or does that mean am better off making choice B above????

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections - should I pay

The DOLA is 11-01. That means this isn't due to fall off until Nov 2008. IF you are out of the SOL for your state, you can try a dispute to see if you can have it removed sooner. I would not pay this unless you have no other choice. For instance, I had a 3 yr old 1200 open collection removed from my reports. This resulted in a 0 pt FICO jump. Since yours is just under 6yrs old, I doubt you would see anything of merit from removing this from your report other than your auto enhanced FICO might go up. My $0.02.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections - should I pay

secchange wrote:

Date opened [?]

Jun, 2001

Date of last activity [?] Nov, 2001 Account number [?] XXXXX2312 Largest past balance [?] $11,862 Credit Type [?] Installment Account holder [?] Individual Scheduled payment amount [?] $464
Descriptions [?]
  • Charged off account
  • Auto

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?] $11,862 Bad debt/collection $11,862 Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 1 time (Nov 2001) Recent payment history [?] Not ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedNot ReportedOKOKOKOKReposetion\ForclosureOKOKOKOKOKOKOK7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 2000 2001 2002 Legend: Not ReportedNot Open Current paidCurrently paid as agreed Repossession/ForeclosureReposession/Foreclosure

Major bady –

Options regarding bad collections above but first the facts it is due to fall of as of Nov. this year (according to 7 yr standard) and DOLP (Nov. 2001) it was open on June 2001.  By the way – this car was repossessed because it was a used car and come to found out it was a “lemon”  it was completely broken down 2 months after purchase.  Anyway, I digressed.  Should I:

1. write a letter PFD letter – asking for payment options
  2. write a letter requesting to make payments in exchange for updated report stating that my payments are up to date and on time)
  3. leave it alone – let it fall off

lastly, the other major things hurting my report –

my oldest ago was opened 8 years ago (by the way it’s the above account) and also my inactive student loan – does that mean if I get the above account removed my score would be lowered more??? or does that mean am better off making choice B above????

check your state SOL  and thread by NOAH about it

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.