Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections

I am trying to repair my credit. On my credit report is a collections account from a college water bill ($79).  I paid this account in January 2004, and it says as much on the credit report, however, the presence of this collections still hurts my score.  Is there any way to get it removed completely?  Should I contact the credit bureaus and ask them to investigate?  Or should I contact the collection agency?  The water company?  Or is time the only way for this to be removed? Please help, any information is greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collections

Try a GW letter!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea... that's what I was thinking.  Should I address the letter to the water company or the collections agency?  What are the chances that they'll comply?  What type of information should I include?  Should I be as formal as possible or should I give them personal background on the situation? 
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

skywalk22 wrote:
Good idea... that's what I was thinking.  Should I address the letter to the water company or the collections agency?  What are the chances that they'll comply?  What type of information should I include?  Should I be as formal as possible or should I give them personal background on the situation? 

Send it to the CA. Give as much detail as you can... you need to "plea your case" so to speak.  
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.